Pages

Sunday, 1 February 2015

Style update



I feel like I havn't been shopping in ages so decided to buy a few bits this week to freshen up my wardrobe. With spring around the corner I knew I would need a new wardrobe soon so I decided to do a little primark shop just to keep me going until then.

I needed a few new basics as I tend to replace mine every couple of months and I find Prinark are great for theirs. I was trying to avoid the black so opted for some greens and khakis that I could layer under cardigans or jackets. 


I fell in love with this longline blazer (£17) as soon as I saw it. I tried one on similar in Topshop a couple of months ago but it didn't look great it wasn't at all fitted and I personally prefer more fitted styles for my shape. This could be styled in so many different ways. I love how Michelle from beauty and the blog wears hers below and I can picture wearing mine with the sliders I purchased today. Idressmyself shows how versatile a longline blazer can be. 






I also bought some more plain black trainer socks (£2) for wearing under my ankle boots- I hate when you can see socks! I got some clear elastic hair bands (£1) as I have been wearing my hair up more often and these are great as they aren't as obvious as the thicker black bands. I also got some oil balancing face wipes as they contain my two favourite ingredients- witch hazel and tea tree!! I use these to take the majority of my make up off before using micelar water or if I'm feeling lazy. I think they are great and are only £1 for 2 packs!!!


My next purchase are very marmite but I love them! I've been wanting some Nike sliders but I don't know if I would wear them often enough or if they are really my style so would just be wasting money for them to sit in the wardrobe so when I saw these were only £3, yes £3, I had to pick them up! They are plain black which to be honest I prefer as they actually look more expensive and classy than the ones with te huge Nike stamp over them. I can't wait to style them with ripped black jeans in the summer!



Here are some ideas for how to style sliders: 




The new primark in my town is really good and has homewear too so I couldn't resist taking a look! I picked up this cute cushion which I knew would look lovely with the ones I already had and at £4 I couldn't not get it. I love the white and pastel Paris theme I have in my dressing room and bedroom I think it's so romantic and feminine yet simple and clean.






I have been desperate for a new black classic bag and knew H&M would have something I liked. I was looking for some thing plain and that I could use for every day and didn't have a brand plastered all over it. I think this bag is great... It would match almost every outfit and is a great size for work and every day use. I love gold hard wear on bags and love that this is so understated and not too in your face. It was only £24.99 which is great value for money! 



H&M are killing it when it comes to bags! I also picked up this beautiful hard, gold clutch a couple of week ago which comes with an optional chain. I can see me rocking this with my pointed gold stilettos and an all black outfit. I can't find the tag but think it was around £15.



I went to River Island and saw a few things I really liked but only ended up getting this beautiful gold choker. I think this looks so expensive and it was only £8! 

I have been browsing online recently for some chunky high black boots that I could wear in the day but also styled in the evening. I went out this weekend and thought these would look great with a plain high neck midi dress to add a bit of edge. They are the Hallie Chelsea boots (£29.99) from Public Desire who offer such a great range of shoes from heeled sandals to over-the-knee boots. These are deceivingly super comfortable because of the platform and I managed to rave all night and go shopping the next day in them! 



 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Leigh Mayhew. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig